This month I read three books, six if you count graphic novels. Either way I’m proud of myself this month. So far my favorite has been Animal Farm and Saga, while my least favorite has been In Cuba I was a German Shepherd. I promise to put all these reviews up in the following weeks.
Anyways, for the month of May I read the following:
- Animal Farm by George Orwell (5/5) REVIEW HERE
- Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover (4.3/5) REVIEW HERE
- Saga Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan and Friona Staples (5/5) REVIEW HERE
- Fables: Legends in Exile by Bill Willingham (3.5/5) REVIEW HERE
- Fables: Animal Farm by Bill Eillingham (4/5) REVIEW COMING SOON
- In Cuba I Was a German Shepherd by Ana Menendez RATING AND REVIEW COMING SOON
I did try to read Off the Page by Samantha Van Leer and Jodi Picoult, but I couldn’t get through it and my reasons are coming soon!
It wouldn’t be me if I didn’t get any new books right? But, this time I have a very valid reason to buy books. Like I mentioned before, I’m an English major and to be an English major you have to read books, and to read books for school you have to buy them… obviously. Therefore, I had to buy Beloved by Toni Morrison and In Cuba I was a German Shepherd by Ana Menendez. Unlike some of my High School reading assignments, I was actually looking forward to reading these books. Especially In Cuba I was a German Shepherd because, I don’t read a lot of books centered around the Cuban exiled community, something I personally know very well being both Cuban and living in the Miami area.
Just this past Monday, my sister surprised me with Hamilton: The Revolution by Lin Manuel Miranda and Jeremy McCarter. If you don’t know or haven’t seen my last post, then you should know I LOVE HAMILTON. Needless to say, I am so excited to get some quality time with this beautiful book. To see my Hamilton post, CLICK HERE.