This has been a magical month of reading. Looking back now, all of the stories I’ve read deal with some magical aspect. ALL OF THEM. Some are more obvious than others but they all have it.
– Beloved by Toni Morrison (4/5)
– Fables (Volumes 3-5 and Volumes 4-10) by Bill Willingham
– American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang (4.5/5)
– Saga (Volumes 2-5) by Brian K. Vaughan
– W.I.T.C.H. (Books 1-5) by Parke Godwin
– Little Witch by Anna Elizabeth Bennet (4/5)
This month my least favorite were the W.I.T.C.H. graphic novels, and my favorite has definitely been Saga. I loved it so much that I impulsively bought the Saga deluxe edition as well as volumes 4 and 5. I almost went without buying any books this month, but let’s face it, that’s not normal. It’s so abnormal (for me), that I went to Goodwill and got four more books to add to my TBR pile… today. Sorry, I don’t have willpower and they had a good deal.
– The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
– The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
– This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen
– Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
I also tried to join in the Tome Topple Challenge, but that was a major bust when I only read 36 pages Anna Karenina in two weeks. As for the reviews for these books, they are still a work in progress and will be out in the upcoming weeks hopefully.
As for next month, I expect to continue reading the Fables, maybe a novel or two, and more graphic novels. I’m making this summer, the summer of graphic novels… Wait, that’s not exactly a bad idea.