Well, there goes another month! Goodbye July, hello August (and school 😦 )
Something weird keeps happening every month. For most of the month I don’t read, I get into these weird monthly reading slumps, so I write this monthly update 10 days before the months ends. I usually start out with “so I didn’t do so great, but at least I read a book.” Then I get into this reading frenzy and I have to update the update. So instead this month I’m going to say, “Wow look at all the books I read!” (Even if most of them are graphic novels)
This month was interesting because I joined the bookstagram community. I’m still on a trial and error period, seeing what works and what doesn’t, but I’m having fun with it.
It was also Booktube-A-Thon! And it nearly kicked my butt. I tried to keep up with the photo challenges and I succeeded but it wasn’t easy. By the end of the week my room was a mess with piles of books covering every imaginable surface. But, it was fun (lol).
– Hamilton: The Revolution by Lin Manuel Miranda and Jeremy McCarter
– Daytripper by Fabio Moon and Gabriel Ba
– V for Vendetta by Alan Moore and David Lloyd
– Watchmen by Alan Moor and Dave Gibbons
– Blankets by Craig Thompson
– Sex Criminals: One Weird Trick (Volume 1) by Matt Fraction and Chip Zdarsky
– Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott
– Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh
Are any of the reviews up for these books? Only the Hamilton one, but they will be up. I promise, I always do no matter how long it takes me. I’m also going to try my best to post these reviews on a more reasonable time.
By far my favorite read was Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh it was absolutely hilarious! I’m sure I got weird looks from my parents… and my dog. But it’s the most hysterical book I’ve read in years. I definitely recommend it anyone in serious need of a laugh.
I also splurged on some books. This will have to be the last book haul for now, at least until school starts.
– Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
– The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
– Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
– Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (I didn’t have copy of this book and I needed it!)
Apart from these books, I keep neglecting the books I own for library books. This might be the last batch of library books I pick up before school starts too. So as of right now I have one book left, The Selection by Keira Cass.
For a chance to win a signed copy of Colleen Hoover’s new book It Ends With Us, CLICK HERE! I already entered and hope to win because I’ve loved all he books so far, and if I could get a signed copy, that would make my day.